Employer: Vital Health Care, Inc.
Location: Edinburg, TX
Title: Director of Business Ops / CFO / MIS
Duration: 02/1996 - 06/2000
Install and provide technical and administrative support for 2 Novell LAN's,
Peachtree Complete Accounting System, Microsoft Office, Lewis Prompt Case
Management System, Human Resources System, four electronic time clocks, PBX (59
digital/analog extensions), Voice Mail, Mobile Pager System, all EDI's to branch
offices (data synchronization), government entities (billing, claims approvals),
financial institutions (ACH, EFTPS, BBS), software vendors (upgrade/support),
and Internet. Wrote sophisticated applications to streamline timekeeping,
billing, automate routine reports, allocate multi-corporate and multi-program
costs, track revenue, taxes, and much more. Trained users on all systems.
Oversaw Payroll, Accounting, Billing and Data Processing Departments. Reconcile
all accounting modules to general ledger. Prepare all TWC (C3/C4), IRS (941,
940) employer tax returns, SSA (W2's/W3, 1099's/1096, magnetic media) and other
reports for 400 employees in three corporations. Reconcile and allocate
multi-corporate costs across five state or federal healthcare programs, and
private sector. Prepare detailed TDHS cost reports for PHC, CBA, and CLASS
programs. Create corporate, branch, and program budgets. Administer 401K
program. Interface with CPA for preparation of corporate tax returns and
Medicare cost reports. Develop staff.
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Duration: 04/1993 - 05/1995
Introduced, demonstrated, installed, configured, integrated, and supported
Corporate Legal Management System for large corporations and Fortune 500
companies across the US and abroad. Prepared detailed proposals, RFP's, and
system configurations. Provided consulting and training to attorneys, legal
staff, MIS personnel and management.
Employer: Teledyne Controls
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Title: Systems Engineer
Duration: 02/1988 - 03/1992
Wrote airborne applications, event triggers and automated reports for onboard
Aircraft Condition Monitoring System (ACMS) for Boeing B747-400, B757, B767,
McDonald Douglas MD11 commercial aircraft. Created flight scenarios to test and
verify airborne applications using flight simulators to generate ARINC-429
aircraft parameters in real-time environment. Worked with international airline
community to develop detailed functional specifications of airborne
applications. Developed generic specifications for GSE (Ground Support
Equipment), including test set, flight simulator, and programming station.
Managed a number of large ORACLE databases Familiar with SQL, UNIX, DOS,
Employer: Dynamic Sciences, Inc.
Location: Chatworth, CA
Title: System Engineer
Duration: 02/1981 - 02/1988
Tested production and return Central Processing Units (CPU's) comprised of small
scale integrated (SSI) components on two boards, Troubleshot to component level,
through the use of assembly language diagnostics, ad-hoc machine code
programming, p-code analysis, and oscilloscope. Wrote and implemented Pascal
software modules to diagnose twenty-two band, wide range radio signal
measurement system (50Hz-18GHz), and graphically report anomalies on video
schematic. Wrote software for bit-slice processor, GPS display panel, and
circuit board test set. Originated engineering change orders to resolve circuit
related problems. Secret Clearance.
Employer: Electronic Services Company
Location: Lake Hughes, CA
Title: Service Manager
Duration: 08/1980 - 02/1988
Repaired and calibrated general test equipment, digital voltmeters, frequency
counters, capacitance meters, transistor testers, oscilloscopes, counters, and
much more. Oversaw technicians in repair shop. Lead Technician.
Location: Thousand Oaks, CA
Title: Customer Service Representative
Duration: 07/1978 - 08/1980
Field repair of proprietary information systems to board/module level.
Maintained customer rapport and confidence. Credited with increasing sales by
1600% in my territory.
Skills and Abilities: |
- Consults with customer concerning maintenance of software system.
- Confers with data processing and project managers to obtain information on
limitations and capabilities for data processing projects.
- Consults with engineering staff to evaluate interface between hardware and
software and operational and performance requirements of overall system.
- Monitors functioning of equipment to ensure system operates in conformance
- Coordinates installation of software system.
- Evaluates factors such as reporting formats required, cost constraints, and
need for security restrictions to determine hardware configuration.
- Develops and directs software system testing procedures, programming, and
- Analyzes information to determine, recommend, and plan layout for type of
computers and peripheral equipment modifications to existing systems.
- Monitor Processes, Material,Surroundings - Monitoring and reviewing
information from materials, events, or the environment, often to detect
problems or to find out when things are finished.
- Updating & Using Job-Relevant Knowledge - Keeping up-to-date technically
and knowing one's own jobs' and related jobs' functions.
- Thinking Creatively - Originating, inventing, designing, or creating new
applications, ideas, relationships, systems, or products, including artistic
- Getting Information Needed to Do the Job - Observing, receiving, and
otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources.
- Interacting With Computers - Controlling computer functions by using
programs, setting up functions, writing software, or otherwise communicating
with computer systems.
- Analyzing Data or Information - Identifying underlying principles, reasons,
or facts by breaking down information or data into separate parts.
- Provide Consultation & Advice to Others - Providing consultation and expert
advice to management or other groups on technical, systems-related, or
process related topics.
- Implementing Ideas, Programs, etc. - Conducting or carrying out work
procedures and activities in accord with one's own ideas or information
provided through directions/instructions for purposes of installing,
modifying, preparing, delivering, constructing, integrating, finishing, or
completing programs, systems, structures, or products.
- Identifying Objects, Actions, and Events - Identifying information received
by making estimates or categorizations, recognizing differences or
similarities, or sensing changes in circumstances or events.
- Engineering and Technology - Knowledge of equipment, tools, mechanical
devices, and their uses to produce motion, light, power, technology, and
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English
language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition,
- Mathematics - Knowledge of numbers, their operations, and interrelationships
including arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their
- Computers and Electronics - Knowledge of electric circuit boards, processors,
chips, and computer hardware and software, including applications and